Monday, October 20, 2008

Two more hours

Now that this is coming to a head, I can actually talk about it with out crying and going hysterical. Jake's bio father would not sign over his rights. Not only has this cost our family financially but emotionally. I got a call from my attorney when Jake was about two weeks old and said the courts were not going to accept our attempts to terminate his rights. So we had to serve him papers. Well, first we had to FIND him to serve him with papers. Then I asked what happens if he wants rights to Jake because I had just assumed that he could get visitation or something. Ohh no. I was completely wrong. If he wanted rights, Geoff and I lost Jake, permenatly.

After hearing this news, I was hysterical. Well in an hour and 40 min, the courts will terminate his rights FOREVER and we can move with this!!! Geoff left yesterday for DC and I was sick ALL night long. Now that I think about it, I bet it was over this. I got less than two hours sleep last night and now Ella is laying in Jake's crib, kissing all over his tummy. I love watching my kids together. I just love my kids. So please pray that nothing happens over the next hour and 37 minutes!!!! :)

hh

1 comment:

The Potts Family said...

I hope everything is okay...I can't imagine having to deal with that. Keep us informed. I'll be praying over this situation.