Thursday, October 23, 2008

Calling all Pumpkin Doctors!!!!!!


Last night as I was rushing to get the new office finished, Ella had a rare moment and was actually playing by herself. As I am putting the final touches to the office to surprise Geoff when he comes home, Ella starts calling for me. I ignored it for a while answering her from another room hoping that would pacify whatever "issue" she had at the moment.

I hate to always dialogue our conversations, but it just goes better when I do.


"mom, something happened."

"ok Ella"

"mommy, I think there is something wrong"

Knowing Jake was with me I was not that worried about whatever it was that was "wrong" at the time

"Ok Ella, give me a min and I will be in there"

"Momeeeeeee, my pumpkin is squishy!!!!"

(what???!!!!)

Enter Ella

"Mommy come quick, my pumpkin is squishy"

I get into her play room and you can see Ella's tiny little handprint on the side of her HUGE pumpkin. I tell Ella to go straight to the bathroom and wash her hands while I took her pumpkin outside. Of course, the typical three year old that she is, did not, and followed me straight out side terrified about what I was about to do to her beloved pumpkin.

I gently set the pumpkin down and right as I do, the side of it falls out revealing some un mentionable grossness that we will skip over.

Ella looks down as it is oozing and ask what is wrong with it. I just said it was sick and we needed to go wash our hands. That is when Ella started calling. Calling for the doctor. At the top of her lungs, 9:30 at night, calling for the dr to come and give her pumpkin some medicine. Because you know that is what happens when you are sick. A Dr gives you medicine and you get better. So why wouldn't a Dr. fix this molding, leprosy looking stinky pumpkin.

Explain THAT one to her....

4 comments:

Heather Meredith said...

Any time I need a good laugh, I can always count on you guys. You should keep all of this in a journal and then write a book of comedic children stories.

You guys are great!

p.s. the office may not be a surprise anymore if Geoff reads your blog.

Alison said...

Yuck...squishy pumpkins are gross. It's too bad Dr. 'Dell couldn't help out on that one! I'm sure Dr. Mom did everything in her power to save the patient. Now she can bury it in her pumpkin patch for next year!

Lisa said...

That is so funny. We had a pumpkin go gross once. It smells and really is nasty! I can't believe you didn't call the dr right away. You are so mean. :P

Sara said...

The 'pumpkin doctor' just came to our house and removed some nasty squishy pumpkins from the front porch. Thank goodness for that doctor, they were getting kinda nasty! I love your little stories! I miss you so much!