Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jacob Porter Hardin is here!!





After a very long and hard road getting here, Jake finally made it. I am sure if you have seen my sister's blog, you would have already received this news.

Jake was born late Wednesday night, September 10 at 11:39pm after being induced nearly 48 hours early and ended in a very scary emergency Cesarean. But all is well. Jake, his birth mother and everyone involved is now doing wonderful.

Jake had a lot of brain swelling,bruising and ran a fever because of his traumatic delivery but with in a few hours, the fever reduced and brain was back to normal by our in office Dr appt this week. We have to get his hearing retested because he failed his test, but it is due to fluid in the ears from birth. No biggy.

Ohh my gosh you guys, he is perfect. He is gorgeous and EASY. The most laid back baby I have ever been around. Ella has taken to him like icing on a cake. The first thing she asks in the mornings when she wakes up is 1)where is here daddy and 2) where is her baby. She is a pro at holding him, feeding him and watching the diaper changing!! hee hee. I am sure with this new guy in our family, we will have many more adventures to post about.

4 comments:

Heather Meredith said...

Wow! Congratulations! We are very excited for you guys. Jake is a very very very lucky boy to be blessed with such a great family. If you guys need anything ... just ask.

The Potts Family said...

He's beautiful! I can't wait to hold him. I'm glad he's here and home!

Lisa said...

LOVE IT! I am so glad everything is going well. I am really happy for your wonderful new family.

Sara said...

I'm so excited for you heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seeing your pics makes me miss you so much! I want to hug your neck! Love you girlie! Congrats on the new little boy Jacob, he is beautiful!